Dear MiReKoc Summer School Lecturers, Participants and Applicants;
We hope this message finds you in good health. Amidst of this COVID19 crisis, we wish you physical and mental wellness, strength and patience.
We would like to inform you about the implications of the COVID19 pandemic for our MiReKoc International Summer School 2020 in collaboration with IMISCOE, on “Research Methods and Ethics in Migration Studies” which is scheduled for 6-17 July 2020 at Koç University Rumelifeneri Campus. Considering the rapid spread of COVID19 and evaluating the projections for the upcoming months, we have decided that the best way forward is to cancel our Summer School for these dates. We postpone it to a later date, however, unfortunately, we are not able to provide you a fixed date given the uncertainty of the circumstances.
We would like to thank to MiReKoc academics, Koç University’s administrative staff and IMISCOE training committee members, for the hard work they have already put into the preparation for the Summer School. We would also like to thank you for your interest and support. We will keep you informed on the developments, and we hope to see you among us on a postponed date. Please visit our Summer School Website miss.ku.edu.tr to follow future developments on this issue.
• Methodologies on Migration Research: An Overview
• Epistemological and Philosophical Issues on Social Science Research
• Qualitative Methods in Migration Research
• Quantitative Methods in Migration Research
• Mixed Methods in Migration Research
• Experimental Methods in Migration Research
• Comparative Methods in Migration Research
• Ethnography and Participatory Methods in Migration Research
• Urban Mapping in Migration Research
• Gender Aware Analysis in Migration Research
• Network Analysis in Migration Research
• Big Data in Migration Research
• Visual Methods in Migration Research
• Social Media Methodologies in Migration Research
• Ethics of Migration Research on Vulnerable Groups and Sensitive Topics
• Writing and Publishing an Academic Article in Migration Studies
MiReKoc Academic Workshops at the Summer School provide a platform for participants working towards their doctorate or conducting on-going research to interact with, and learn from, fellow students and top scholars. MiReKoc encourages the participants of the Summer School to become active members of this vibrant and diverse platform. These workshops are designed as a springboard for successful academic careers by examining important issues such as publishing, reviewing, and collaborative research; the event also provides several networking opportunities.
Attendance to the MiReKoc Summer School Academic Workshops are optional. They will be integrated to the Summer School programme, incorporating presentations by the researchers and discussion sessions with renowned academics. The Academic Workshops will enable participants to approach their doctoral dissertations or on-going research with renewed vigour by engaging in discussions on research design and methodologies with colleagues, and by reviewing their dissertation proposals with the help of others, including fellow participants and more senior researchers who work in the respective area of scholarly inquiry.